Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Slippery Slope

I've got major post-partum depression, work overload and creeping carpal tunnel syndrome, the latter of which means the more time I spend away from the keyboard the better. Had a long talk with my friend Maida about basically how much is too much -- in other words, what will it take for Sarah to snap? Hard to say, but I must be close to that line right about now. I'm not going to slit my wrists or drown my children in the bathtub, though. I'm tired of being tired. My brain isn't functioning properly. My thoughts are completely disordered. I feel totally unsure of the surest of things, like the ground beneath my feet might just give way at any moment. I feel like I'm inhabiting this body and using her mouth and arms and hands but I'm not really here, or I'm not really her, or some combination of that.

So, a poll, what's your least favorite word?