Friday, April 02, 2004

Today

Today I ate an entire mango by myself for breakfast. There is nothing more delicious, in my book, than a fresh mango.

Later, while walking down by the pond I saw two great blue herons. As I approached, one of them decided I was getting too close and lifted its enormous frame up out of the water and took off across the pond, its wingtips just barely grazing the surface of the water with each stroke.

I may have a sore throat and be behind on my work and exhausted and hormonal. I may have days where Brian finds me sitting outside on the curb crying in a sort of numbed silence after hour upon hour of nursing. This may be pledge drive week on NPR. It may be looking like a rainy weekend. But. TODAY I ate a mango and saw a blue heron fly across a pond, so really, how bad can it be?

No comments: