Thursday, July 29, 2004

Fresh Air

I don't get political here too often, but the rhetoric of the speechifiers at the DNC including the mother at the kitchen table, the kid who just wants to go to college, the skinny boy with the big American Dream, and, yes, the captain of the boat who risks all to save his fellow soldier (in the middle of a corrupt and wrong-headed war! but we won't really mention that part), all of that crap seriously makes me want to yank my eardrums out with tweezers. I know y'all got all excited about Barack Osama, and maybe I had to be there, but to me it was just another small-town-boy-with-big-dreams America-is-a-land-of-promise speech, bore me to fucking tears, which is why I say...

Hello, Al Sharpton!

If I told you tonight, "Let's leave the FleetCenter, we're in danger," and when you get outside, you ask me, Reverend Al, "What is the danger?" and I say, "It don't matter. We just needed some fresh air," I have misled you and we were misled.

Sure, there was that very cringe-worthy Tawana Brawley period. And yes, there's the Jewish Problem. But THANK GOD we have a speaker with a backbone at this thing who's willing to go on the attack against this corrupt and immoral administration that must be STOPPED, and not just spew a bunch of crap about Promise and Hope and Dreams.

Thanks, Al.

No comments: