Tuesday, November 12, 2002

I'm back after taking a little break to, you know, have a baby and stuff. I think he's the best thing since sliced bread, or at least the best thing since his two older brothers. Yes, I am now the mother of three boys. God help me. For those of you who like gory details, here's a link to the birth story. I'm not sure how long that link will last, though, since it's a message board. Try it, anyway. I suppose I could put the whole story on the blog, but we'll just see how it goes doing it this way. Javi was born at home, and it has been such a wonderful experience for us. I'm really thrilled I got the opportunity to have a baby in my own home.


So, I'm stuck in bed and terribly bored. I spend the day emailing and surfing and playing solitaire on my Palm. The baby spends the day breastfeeding, pooping, burping and sleeping. We're quite a pair. I'm on this classic movie fans list which I usually only pay a tiny bit of attention to -- most of the posts go directly to the trash. It's not that I don't think the discussions are interesting, but who has time? I guess I have time, now, because I'm reading EVERY post, and this is a prolific bunch. We've been talking a lot about silent movies this week, as we're having our own Oscar contest for the silent era. My vote goes to Janet Gaynor as best actress for her work in F. W. Murnau's "Sunrise." I know of no more beautiful film than that. Murnau was a genius. I'll let you know who wins, I'm sure you'll be on the edge of your seat.

No comments: