Saturday, October 19, 2002

Jack said, "I'm too tired to come upstairs to bed." So I called his bluff and started story time without him, figuring he'd drag his sorry butt upstairs once he heard all the fun and excitement. Eli and I read our usual 4 stories, I tucked him into his crib, filled up his sippy cup and looked downstairs to see Jack, fast asleep on the couch. He'd made a little bed for himself with a pillow and the throw blanket. Poor pumpkin, he wasn't kidding. It's really fun carrying a 40 pound kid upstairs when you're 37 weeks pregnant. Really, really fun.

Did I mention we went to see Igby Goes Down? Go see it. I've always really liked Claire Danes, I used to watch My So-Called Life religiously -- I just have a thing for teen angst. Anyway, she's all grown up but in a good way. Also, I just really like the name of the director: Burr Steers. That just has to be a made-up name, don't you think? Oh wait, I found him! And he looks oddly like Bill Pullman, who plays the schizophrenic dad in Igby. Kinda cute, actually. Gore Vidal's nephew, too. Ya learn something new every day.

No comments: