Sunday, February 17, 2013

So Far, So Vegan




















Four days down, 36 to go on this vegan diet plus not eating during daylight thing. Hello, Lent!

Sundays are Feast days/free days, and I thought for sure I'd be all WHERE IS THE BACON GET IT IN MY FACE come Sunday morning but actually? No. The one thing I wanted, and had, this morning was milk in my coffee. I sprinkled some parmesan on my pasta at dinner. Otherwise, I have no desire for meat, and little desire for dairy. 

Interesting.

The hardest part is not the food restriction, but the fasting during the day. I start to go downhill around 2:30 or 3 pm.

Nothing is sweeter than the taste of a date to break my fast at sunset.

I'm appreciating food. Appreciating knowing exactly what my food is and where it comes from. 

Is fasting making space in my heart to welcome God? I'm not sure. It's making space in my heart to welcome vegetables and fruit and whole grains. That much I know.



No comments: